Brussels, 29 November 2021. European Tourism Manifesto Alliance: 70 travel and tourism organisations express their support to any effort – based on scientific evidence – to keep protecting and ensuring the freedom of movement and avoid a patchwork of diverging national measures within the EU/EEA as well as internationally.
The alliance is welcoming the European Commission’s proposal to shift to an individual traveller-based approach (in which a valid Digital COVID Certificate is sufficient to travel without additional requirements) and including the following calls to Member States:
- To agree on a standard validity of the vaccination certificate
- To adopt the updated Council Recommendations as soon as possible to ensure the implementation of the new rules before the festive period. The 10th January 2022 as implementation date represents an issue (damaging forward booking among others)
- To swiftly adopt the EU digital Passenger Locator Form
- To recognise the whole list of WHO vaccines without additional requirements for travellers coming to the EU
- To focus on the individual traveller-based approach and discontinue the use of ECDC map as a source of information to base travel restrictions
The position paper and more information about the European Tourism Manifesto can be found here.
HTI is proud to be supporting the European Tourism Manifesto. Check out the list of Supporting organizations.