Elena Kountoura, Member of the European Parliament
Confederal Group of the European United Left – Nordic Green Left (The Left)
- Committee on Transport and Tourism (TRAN) – coordinator
- Committee on Women’s Rights and Gender Equality (FEMM)
- Committee on Industry, Research and Energy (ITRE)
- Delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Union for the Mediterranean
- Delegation for relations with the Mashreq countries (DMAS)
- Delegation for relations with the Korean Peninsula (DKOR)
- Member of the Greek Parliament (2004-2019), elected six times in the First District of Athens.
- Minister of Tourism of Greece (Jan 2015 -May 2019), in the government of Alexis Tsipras.
Recipient of several prestigious awards for her work in the field of tourism, including:
– Tourism Minister of the Year 2018-2019 global award in ITB Berlin, by PATWA
– Global Champion 2019 award for Destination Stewardship, by the World Travel & Tourism
– “Tourism Strategy and Resilience” 2019 global award, by the International Institute for Peace through Tourism (IIPTI)
- MEP, elected with the SYRIZA-Progressive Alliance party (May 2019).